Buttermilk Pancakes with Maple Balsamic and Vanilla Whipped Ricotta
There's nothing like Buttermilk Pancakes but this one has a twist using Olive the Best "Butter" olive oil. (A vegan olive oil that offers the taste of butter using botanicals and is a healthier fat too!)
Serve them up with ricotta, fresh berries and our delicious, mouth-watering Maple Dark Balsamic for the perfect breakfast!
PREP TIME 5 mins | COOK TIME 5 mins | TOTAL TIME 10 mins
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tbsp granulated sugar
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp sea salt
1 ¼ cups buttermilk
2 tbsp Olive the Best Butter Olive Oil, plus more for cooking
• 1 cup ricotta cheese
• 1 tbsp milk
• 2 tbsp powdered sugar
• ½ tsp vanilla extract
• Fresh berries
• Olive the Best Vermont Maple Dark Balsamic Vinegar
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine together flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together buttermilk, egg, and Butter Olive Oil until smooth.
2. Pour the milk mixture into the dry ingredients and whisk until just combined. A few small lumps of flour should remain.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and lightly grease with a drizzle of Butter Olive Oil. Scoop about ⅓ cup of batter per pancake and cook until golden brown on both sides. To make whipped ricotta, blend ricotta cheese, milk, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract in a small food processor until smooth.
4. Top warm pancakes with vanilla whipped ricotta, fresh berries, and a generous drizzle of Vermont Maple Dark Balsamic Vinegar.
Want to start living a more low waste lifestyle? Our blog contains news, tips, and more about just that.View all